If you want to hear God laugh....

I once heard that "if you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans." Looking back on the last 10 years of my life, it is so evident that my plans are not always THE plan. Justin and I are "planners" by nature and thought we had this whole family thing planned out when we dove head first into parenthood. We would conceived one child, then in a few years our adoption would progress and we would bring home a healthy infant girl from India. Then done; family complete. Well, needless to say, God had other plans for us. Within a year we added twin biological daughters and a 5 year old son to our family! We like to tell people that we ordered the "Family Starter Pack".  Our family looks nothing like we originally planned, which we are forever grateful for. We are more aware of God's beautiful plan for our lives than ever before!

As we wait...and wait...and wait for our son's passport and travel dates, it is becoming increasingly easier to doubt God's plan and timing. To be honest, it makes no sense to us right now. How can there be a better plan than holding my son right this moment? But I am having to continuously take a step back and remember the big picture, which I cannot see right now but maybe one day I will. I look back on our life and see how God is ALWAYS faithful and ALWAYS provides. So, we continue to wait and trust in God's plan and let go of our own. I know there are beautiful and big things ahead in our story and I am so grateful to have an Author who loves us. 

Comments

  1. Oh Meagan! Praying that your travel date can be SOON and that all the paper work can be done QUICKLY! How frustrating!! In our heads we KNOW God is in control - but our hearts want action NOW!!! Also praying for peace and even more patience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see my last post doesn't have my name (not good at this blog stuff) This is Michelle Roberts :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

4 years later

USCIS Fingerprints/Apostille